Mold Inspection & Property Inspection Services in Brevard County and Nearby areas!
How do you know if you have mold in your home? There are many ways that mold can grow, and they are all based on moisture (water). Moisture can come from many different sources: a pipe leak, water intrusion from a rain storm, condensation (water that collects as droplets on a cold surface when it is in contact with humid air), and/or high relative humidity.
Mold growth is based on water activity. Water activity is the amount of water available in a given material on which mold can grow. There are different water requirements that allow various mold types to thrive. Some molds need high amounts of water to grow, and then there are others that can grow with very little moisture, such as in high relative humidity. Some molds can even grow based only on a relative humidity as low as 60%. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) suggest ideal levels of relative humidity in a home to be between 30-50%.
The key to finding mold is to follow the moisture. Where did it originate? Drying is an art and a science. If there is a large volume of water then it would be appropriate to have a professional company perform the drying. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) indicates certain molds have the ability to grow within 24 to 48 hours; if not properly dried mold will grow. Mold can be very elusive, typically molds can be hidden behind walls, cabinets, furniture and under carpets. Furthermore, mold can be difficult to identify, as many times it can be transparent and/or can grow in many different forms and colors (black, green, brown, yellow, white, etc…).
Our Mold Inspection and Testing Services Offered:
• Interior site inspection for visible microbial growth
• Interior site moisture inspection (use of thermal imaging camera and moisture meter)
• Site assessment and sampling
• Air sampling for airborne mold spores
• Laboratory analysis report from an Accredited lab
• Emailed summary and laboratory report
• Recommendations by a Florida State Licensed Mold Assessor
• Written protocol for proper remediation process
• PRV – Post Remediation verification inspection and sampling
• Real estate pre-purchase property checks
• Odor elimination(caused by smoke, pets, spills, foods, decay) to improve IAQ.
Please note that Expert Mold Test does not perform mold remediation services. It is our policy to have no financial interest in the discovery of mold or the results of any remediation.
An additional service we offer is Protocol writing. A mold remediation protocol is a set of written instructions for the remediation company to follow to properly correct the water damage/mold issues at hand. The plan details the property areas that have been affected by water damage and or mold, and the specific steps necessary to correct the issues properly. These recommendations are specific to your property, and you can give them to any independent remediation specialist to follow a detailed step by step set of instructions for proper remediation. If necessary, we can recommend trusted remediation specialists.
Why Choose our Mold Testing Company?
• Florida State Licensed Mold Assessor #MRSA 3145
• Florida State Licensed Home Inspector #HI-191
• 20 Plus Years of Property Inspection Experience
• NACHI – National Assoc of Cert Home Inspectors
• IAC2 – Intern Assoc of Cert Indoor Air Consultants
• NORMI trained and certified
• ITA – Certified for Mold Screening and Sampling
• NACHI Certified – Continuing Education Courses
• NACHI – Infrared Camera Certified
Fox Inspections also offers consultations without sampling (investigation, moisture mapping, ask for details) .